Pages

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Going in Circles


This journal page was inspired from the Try It On Tuesday challenge which is Circles. Some days I feel like I'm going in circles, a perfect theme page for my Personal Journal.

The cluster of circles is a stencil that I filled in with Distress Oxide inks. I then sponged around the rest of the page with Antique Lined DO, and spritzed water all about, then heat set. I doodled around some of the circles with a black and white pen. Then I noticed some of these circles look like planets, even if they are pink and purple :)

The stamping around the edge and sentiment come from the exclusive Jolande and Marleen kits from Unity, Go Forward and Keep Wild. I also added some white dots to these border images. I originally heat embossed the sentiment in clear, but after stamping the clock, I used the heat tool to dry it, and melted away most of the embossing. So I went over the sentiment with a black glaze pen, you would never know any different!

To contrast the circles, I added some straight lines by wrapping black thread around the page, and secured the intersections with colored pearls. The last touch was sponging the edges with Black Soot DO ink.

I like how it came out, and will be happy to add it in my journal. Thanks so much for your visit!


6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card, love the colours, and what a great idea to wrap the thread round to make a contrast. Thanks for joining us at TIOT, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

It is a fantastic journal page for the Circles theme at Try it on Tuesdays, thank you for joining us there.
I really liked the quote you added and it was a super idea to add the threads.
I an glad you were happy with how it looks, it will be a super addition in your journal.
Yvonne xx

Rosie said...

A wonderful piece, love the colours

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

froebelsternchen said...

A beautifl page is this! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! oxo Susi- Happy Halloween!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is such a cheerful and positive page! Lovely colours too!Thank you so much for joining us at Try It OnTuesday! Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely colourful page, and a great design.
Thanks for sharing at TioT
Avril