Pages

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Laugh Out Loud


Isn't that sentiment cute?! I made this card following the 'Animals' theme for the monthly Paper Smooches challenge:


I watched a video from Jennifer McGuire where she stamped on acetate and used it as a window on a card. I thought it was fun, and something different to do. My acetate window isn't stamped though, they are positive and negative die cuts from the PS Birch Trees die, and I glued them on top. The stitched frame dies are retired from C.C. Designs. This was the easy part...



The cute animals are from the PS Party Posse stamp set. My original plan was to color them with alcohol markers. Well, it wasn't a good coloring day for me, so I decided to go with my tombow markers. I made the mistake of not stamping onto watercolor paper, so that was a failure too. Oh, and in between all that I was trying to mirror stamp the dino so they would be facing each other.

So after an hour of messing with that, I decided to just stamp onto some cute papers, emboss them, and no mirror stamping. So I stamped and fussy cut, and paper pieced the turtle. Since I didn't have a mirrored image, I played around with how they were going to sit in that window area. Stacked up was it, and I think they look so cute that way :)

Then it was time to look for a sentiment, and this one from the PS Group Hugs was perfect! Now it was time for assembly. I chose the blue paper for behind the trees, and glued it to the acetate piece. It looked very cold and winter-like, so to warm it up, I chose a soft yellow card base. I glued down the window layer.....upside down!!!! So I had to cut it off and make another card base.

And finally I had the card done! It didn't go smoothly at all, but I was determined to finish it!! And I am very pleased with the end result. So all the frustration was worth it :) Thanks so much for your visit!

1 comment:

Meggymay said...

Some times things don't go to plan as we hope they will. However, this is a fantastic card. Really sweet images and that sentiment is wonderful. Good for you to get this awesome result after your crafting frustrations of the day.
Yvonne xx